Reggio Emilia Inspiration
Through our Reggio Emilia approach we put the children in the driver’s seat of their learning, by allowing them to be curious individuals with the power and potential to develop and learn from their environment and the relationships they build with others. The approach is based around fundamental principles that helps make our Nursery unique;
- Children lead their learning through their interests
- Children are encouraged to share and demonstrate through their ideas, thoughts and feelings.
- An emergent curriculum – Teachers observe the children, talk to parents and base their planning upon the children’s interests.
- Community involvement
- Teachers are equal learners who guide and nurture children’s learning and growth
- The environment as a ‘third teacher’
- Educational documentation – Learning is made visable! The children can look back on their journey at Nursery